Thursday, August 7, 2014

About Me

Welcome to our class blog!  Throughout the year you will find important information about what we are learning about in school and about special events.  The blog will be updated at least once a week during the school year, so be sure to check it regularly.

In this first entry of the year, I'd like to introduce myself.  I grew up in Massachusetts, but came to settle in Vermont five years ago because my husband was attending UVM.  After he completed his studies we decided to stay in this beautiful state.  This is my 4th year teaching at Union Elementary, and I am excited to be back in 4th grade this year.  It is my favorite grade to teach, and I am really looking forward to the start of the year.

One thing that people often ask me is, "How do you say your last name?"  While I hope everyone feels comfortable calling me Wendy, here is the pronunciation for McGuiggan: mik-GWIG-en.  I hope that helps!

When I am not teaching, I enjoy spending time with my family.

Here is a picture of me with my husband John and our dog Lola when she was still a puppy.

Some of the things that I enjoy doing with my family are hiking, camping, and playing disc golf.

Here is a snapshot of Lola and me playing disc golf during the winter.

This is Lola and me on a windy summit.

As you might have gathered, I spend a lot of time outdoors with my dog.  I also have two wonderful cats named Desmond and Molly.  They love to snuggle while I'm reading a book (sometimes sitting on the book) or join me on the yoga mat while I'm doing yoga (cats are really good at getting in the way).

This picture is several years old, but it's one of my favorite shots of them because they form a heart as they curl up together.  

I hope that my introductory blog and the pictures have helped you get to know me better.  I look forward to meeting everyone on August 19th.  See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment